Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows)

Talk about Adobe Acrobat PDF reader (Windows only). Acrobat is the de facto standard used to create PDF files, present multiple documents in a PDF Portfolio, and even add multimedia. All in a single file. 

Keywords Adobe, Acrobat, Reader, Windows, EPS, image, PDF

Place EPS image in PDF

Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows) Forum Index -> Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows)

AuthorMessage
Marlene_Hochberg (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Place EPS image in PDF

I'm using Acrobat 8 Pro, version 8.1.2.

I need to place an EPS (AI 13) on a page in an existing PDF. According to the help files, I can place BMP, GIF, JPEG, PCX, PNG, EPS/PS, or TIFF images.

When I get to the Place Image option in Acrobat, the only file formats shown are the bitmaps -- EPS and/or PS don't appear on the drop-down list.

I converted the EPS to a Photoshop TIFF and was able to place that, but I'd prefer to use the original nice clear vector EPS. And I could swear that I've placed vector EPS files in existing PDFs using previous versions of Acrobat.

So why doesn't EPS/PS appear on my drop-down list? Is there a secret handshake?

TIA,

Marlene
Bill (A_T) VT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: Place EPS image in PDF

Why not convert the EPS to a PDF using Distiller and then use the object touchup tool to copy it into the other document?
Marlene_Hochberg (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Place EPS image in PDF

Bill,

That worked fine. But I couldn't figure out how to resize the object in Acrobat (maybe it's not possible) so I had to open it in AI, resize it, resave it, and then copy and place it in my PDF.

FWIW, instead of distilling the file to a PDF, I just saved it in AI format, changed the dot extension to PDF, and it worked fine.

Still curious to know why EPS/PS doesn't appear in my list of placeable files, though ...

Thanks,

Marlene
Bill (A_T) VT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Place EPS image in PDF

The only way to resize is to put the graphic as the icon on a button. Otherwise, you have to get the size right before you put it in Acrobat.
   Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows) Forum Index -> Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows)All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1